The project’s Letter of Intent notes the proposed changes, which are highlighted below.
Residential Dwelling Units
Increase the allowed number of residential units from 350 units to a total of 1,125 units.
- Currently, there are 214 residential units within The Portola at SouthGlenn apartment building.
Modify the permitted height on the Sears parcel and the Macy’s parcel from 50 ft. to 75 ft.
- The current allowable building heights within The Streets at SouthGlenn vary across the site. No building is allowed to exceed 100 ft. For context, the current tallest building is the office building north of the existing Sears building at 85 ft.
Provide an open space area along the north side of E. Easter Ave. to serve residential development at the Sears Parcel.
-The Developer would be required to provide a minimum of 25,000 square feet of contiguous public open space, green space, passive recreation, or common public space to serve residential development at the Sears Parcel.
Decrease the required amount of retail from 909,815 sq. ft. to 621,000 sq. ft.
- Currently, there is 948,853 sq. ft. of leasable retail area, including the Sears and Macy’s buildings, which are approximately 307,000 sq. ft. combined.
Update the SouthGlenn Sign Criteria to ensure that sign criteria are assigned to future redevelopment of the Sears and Macy’s parcel.
- Currently, the SouthGlenn Sign Criteria does not identify how to apply sign standards to any redevelopment proposals for the Sears and Macy’s parcels.
The Master Development Plan (MDP) Amendment incorporates other minor amended items within the documents that support the above amended items.
- Technical clean-up allows for the amendments to be incorporated into the existing document without creating confusion.