About Permits & Licenses

shaking hands image

This section has information on various processes, permits and licenses. We list everything in one single place to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for.

Whether you are looking to host a special event, start a business, or build in the City, this is your place to start!

What type of permit or license do you need? Browse by category:


building icon

Looking to start a business? Managing a bar? Hosting an arts and crafts fair? Are you a licensed massage therapist working in Centennial? This section helps business owners with business registration, sales tax licensing, and licensing for specialized businesses such as liquor stores and pawnbrokers.

Building / Construction

tools for building

Are you a contractor or subcontractor performing work in Centennial? Taking on a home remodel project? Making an addition to your home? Building for commercial use? Replacing a fence, water heater or furnace? In this section you will find information about licensing and regulations that pertain to building permits for projects- big or small.


large building icon

Are you a developer looking to build in Centennial? Interested in changing your existing zoning? In this section you will find information about Centennial's land development process, zoning information and required permitting.

Short-term rental property 

large building icon

Are you looking to short-term rent your property located in Centennial?  All short-term rentals must have a City issued license. In this section you will find information about Centennial's Short-Term Rental Program, FAQs, licensing requirements and a link to submit an application online.

Special Events

people icon

Are you organizing a large event or festival in Centennial? Are you hoping to serve liquor at a special event? Having a block party or parade? Building a temporary structure? Planning a family reunion at Centennial Center Park? In this section you will find information about application processes for obtaining the required permits and/or licenses for your event.

Tax & Licensing

paper and calculator icon

Are you a business looking to file your taxes online? Need to register or renew your business/sales tax license? Looking for important City tax forms related to sales and use taxes? In this section you will find information on applying and obtaining the appropriate business license or registration needed to conduct business in Centennial.