Discover How Your City Works
Have you ever wondered... How does a local government work? How does a building plan go through the approval process? How are streets prioritized for plowing after it snows? Where do your tax dollars go? Then Centennial 101 is for you!
Centennial 101 is an interactive seven-week program to discover how your City works. Learn what makes Centennial unique and find out how to get more involved in your community.
Centennial 101 is also an opportunity for us to learn from you. What do you care about? What are your ideas? We want to know.
August 29 – October 21, 2019
5:30 – 9 p.m., Thursdays (Graduation on Monday, Oct. 21) – dinner provided
Attendance at all sessions is required
August 29: Intro to Centennial
September 5: Centennial’s Budget tells our Story
September 12: Creating a Vibrant Community
September 19: Roads & Public Infrastructure
September 26: Public Safety
October 3: Life Safety
October 10: How to Get Involved
October 21: Graduation & Council Panel Discussion
You may be interested in Centennial 101 if:
- You have an interest in your City and community and want to learn more.
- You have already been involved in the community – or if you haven’t been involved at all but are curious of how the City works.
- You are new to Centennial – or have lived here since before it was a City.
- You pay taxes and want to know how that money is being spent.
- You love local politics – or hate local politics.
- You like to meet new, interesting people.
- You want to peek behind the scenes.
Check out photos of the Centennial 101 class of 2018 on Flickr.
View the Centennial 101 video for 2018