Municipal Court


Centennial Municipal Court handles traffic penalties, animal violations, municipal code and zoning code violations. The presiding judge is Judge Louis Gresh.

Did You Get a Ticket?

Make your payment online or explore your other options. If you choose to pay your fine within the 20 days of issuance of your ticket, you must pay the fine amount listed on the ticket. Fines and costs imposed by the court are due and payable on your court date.

Pay My Ticket Online

Court Arraignments

If you have a scheduled court arraignment, please take a few minutes to review the process below ahead of your scheduled appearance.  

Please note that all court arraignments are by default held virtually at this time. If you would like to request an in-person arraignment, please contact us prior to your scheduled court date.

To begin the court arraignment process, click on the Begin My Virtual Court Arraignment Process page linked below to review and complete required steps. 

Begin My Virtual Court Arraignment Process

Please take a moment to complete our customer service survey.

Search for Centennial Municipal Tickets

You can search current unpaid tickets such as traffic penalties, animal violations, municipal code and zoning code violations. You can also view scheduled arraignment dates and times for your ticket as well.

You will need one of the following combinations of information:

  • Citation number and Date of Birth
  • Driver's License Number, Driver's License Issuing State, and Date of Birth
  • Vehicle License Plate Number and Registration Date
  • First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth

Search for Ticket

View/Search Centennial Municipal Tickets.

For more information, please contact the Centennial Municipal Court at 303-325-8000.

Other Resources

Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Records Request

Arraignment dates are located on your copy of the ticket.

If you received a ticket you must:

  • Pay the penalty assessment within 20 days of receiving the ticket, or
  • Appear in court on your scheduled date to answer the charge(s) on this date.

At your arraignment, you will be given an opportunity to read your rights, before you meet with the prosecuting Attorney. Once this meeting is completed, you will be sent to the Courtroom to enter your plea before the Judge. Fines and fees rendered by the Judge are due and payable immediately. 

Should you fail to appear for a scheduled court date, the Court may enter a finding of guilty by default.

Should your fines and costs not be paid in a timely manner, you may be referred to a collection agency. 

A Bench trial is a trial before the Judge which requires an orderly presentation of evidence, including testimony and is followed by the Judge’s ruling.

Prior to your trial, it is recommended you read the ordinance(s) of which you are being charged. The Court can supply subpoenas to ensure production of evidence and the appearance of witnesses, should you need them. It is your responsibility to have subpoenas served. You cannot personally serve them.

Please refer to the pamphlet entitled Your Day in Court available from the Municipal Court, for any other information or questions you may have regarding your trial.

If you are found guilty at trial, all fines and costs are due the day of Court.

Sentencing & Fines

The fine amount listed on your ticket is the actual fine you should pay.

Fines are not adjusted. Centennial Municipal Ordinance allows driving privilege penalty points to be reduced if paid not later than 20 days after you receive the ticket. The City will reduce the points associated with your violation as follows:

  • 6 pts reduced to a 4 point “speeding 10-19-over” MTC 1101
  • 4 pts reduced to a 2 point “defective vehicle” MTC 202
  • 3 pts reduced to a 1 point “defective headlamp” MTC 205
  • 2 pts reduced to a 1 pt “defective headlamp: MTC 205

Be sure to read your ticket if you have any questions regarding mail in payments. Fines and costs imposed by the Court are due and payable on your court date.

Court-Ordered Classes

Centennial Municipal Court utilizes court-ordered classes for:

  • Teens and Tobacco
  • Teen Discovery
  • Level I and Level II Defensive Driving Classes
  • Dog Obedience

The court also offers additional court mandated courses that may not be listed here.

NCTI of Colorado
Offices only, no classes at this location
333 W. Hampden Ave., Suite 415
Englewood, CO 80110
Ph: 303-455-3553

Classes are provided at the following locations:

I.S.A.E. Court Related Education Programs
850 E. 73rd Ave., Ste. 1A
Denver, CO 80229
Ph: 303-433-1900
Fx: 303-455-6012

Alive at 25
Southglenn Library - Centennial
3972 S. Vine Street
Centennial, CO 80122
Ph: 720-269-4046

Why can't I find my citation?

The citation/ticket may not be entered into the system. Citations take up to 7 business days (or longer in some instances) to be entered as they come from the Arapahoe County Sheriff Records Unit. Please be patient and check back in a couple of days.

Why isn't my citation payable online?

If your citation is labeled a SUMMONS, then it is considered a MANDATORY APPEARANCE and therefore, you will have to appear on the court date/time that is listed on your summons and cannot pay prior.

Where can I pay my ticket?

Accepted payment methods are online through (preferred), calling in to 303-325-8000, or mailing your payment in along with your ticket to the court. Click here for more information.

Can I speak to the Judge and/or Prosecutor prior to my court date?

No. You will have to appear during your scheduled court date/time in order to speak with them.

Is my ticket not valid since it is not signed?

A traffic citation is still valid whether or not the police officer has you sign it. Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt, rather an acknowledgment that you have gotten the ticket and promise to appear in court.

How do I pay my Red Light Camera citation?

The City of Centennial does not have Red Light Cameras. Please contact the city where the citation was received.

How do I pay my RTD citation?

RTD citations are made payable to the county courthouse of the county you received the citation. If you received the citation in Centennial, please contact the Arapahoe County Courthouse.

How can I obtain a Marriage License?

Marriage Licenses can be obtained at Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorders office.

Can I take a class to get all my points removed?

No. If you are wanting more points reduced from your ticket than what is outlined, you will have to appear on the court date/time that is listed on your citation and speak with the Prosecutor.

What happens if I miss my court date?

If you missed your court date, a default judgement may have been entered for your case. Please contact the court to discuss the details of your specific case.

How can I file an entry of appearance?

The Centennial Municipal Court accepts faxed and emailed entries of appearance. Please email them to or fax it to 303-754-3389.

Do I need to bring an attorney?

You are not required to bring an attorney, however, it is your right to hire an attorney to represent you in your case. You can represent yourself if you chose to do so.

If I am under 18, do I have to appear with a parent/guardian?

Yes. A parent/legal-guardian must appear in court with you.

What charges does your court NOT handle?

We primarily handle traffic cases, animal cases, and code enforcement cases. We do not handle expired tags citations, no proof of insurance citations, probate cases, child custody/support cases or domestic violence cases.

Helpful Additional Contact Information: