The City is allowing limited public entry to the Civic Center by appointment only. The public is encouraged to continue using online services. Contact us by phone at 303-325-8000 or online at centennialco.gov/reportaproblem.
Are you a developer looking to build in Centennial? Interested in changing your existing zoning? In this section you will find information about Centennial's land development process, zoning information and required permitting.
Determination of process, fees, referral requirements and opportunities for comments and questions. Learn more about Development Pre-Submittals.
Review and comment of site plan/plat/PIA, etc. Public Hearings (if required) scheduled after all comments are substantially addressed. Learn more and apply for a Development Permit.
Submitted after at least one round of site plan review. Can be submitted concurrently with site plan if no public hearing are required. Learn more about Site-Civil Construction Documents.
Submitted after at least one round of Construction Drawings (CDs) are reviewed. Issued at or after Development Permit. Learn more and apply for a Building Permit.
Scheduled prior to construction. Meeting covers construction hours and restrictions, contractor/City contact, and inspection processes.
Issued upon completion of land development application process, completion of CDs, and submittal of collateral for PIA public engineer's cost estimate (ECE).
Walkthrough with City, Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority (SEMSWA), Fire Safety, Building Division, etc. to resolve any issues before CO.
Reduction in collateral associated with the PIA public engineer's cost estimate (90 percent). Hold remaining 10 percent for two years.
Final 10 percent collateral is released two years after probationary acceptance, project is accepted and closed.
Building permits are required for new buildings, renovations and additions to existing buildings to ensure all structures within the City are safe to occupy.
A permit is required for all new fences and the replacement of existing fences where height, location or materials are changing (e.g., chain link to wood).
Visit the Fence Permit page to learn about more.
A permit is required for all new signs and replacement of or modifications to existing signs. Signage allowed depends on the zoning of the property. Properties are zoned under the Land Development Code and sign regulations are governed based upon Article 6, Signs and Lighting. Check your zoning.
Visit the Sign page to learn about Centennial's sign regulations and permitting processes.
A Right-of-Way (ROW) Permit is required for all construction and maintenance within the City’s ROW, placing dumpsters on residential streets, or requesting a street closure and transporting oversized/overweight loads on City streets.
Visit the Right-of-Way tab on the Public Works page to learn more about the different types of ROW permits issued by the City.
24-Hour Citizen Response Center
Driven to provide exceptional service to the Centennial community.
13133 E. Arapahoe Rd.
Centennial, CO 80112