Permits & Licenses for Building / Construction

tools for building

Are you a contractor or subcontractor performing work in Centennial? Taking on a remodel project? Making an addition to your structure? Building for commercial use? In this section you will find information about licensing and regulations that pertain to building permits.

Do you already work with us and have an existing account? Access the Online Portal.


Development Permit

Are you a developer looking to build in Centennial? Interested in changing your existing zoning? Visit the Developers section for more information about Centennial's land development process, zoning information and required permitting.

Building Permits (new buildings, renovations and additions)

Building permits are required for new buildings, renovations and additions to existing buildings to ensure all structures within the City are safe to occupy. Visit the Building Permits page for more information.

Fence Permits

A permit is required for all new fences and the replacement of existing fences where height, location or materials are changing (e.g., chain link to wood). Visit the Fence Permit page to learn more.

Sign Permits

A permit is required for all new signs and replacement of or modifications to existing signs. Signage allowed depends on the zoning of the property. Properties are zoned under the Land Development Code and sign regulations are governed based upon Article 6, Signs and Lighting. Check your zoning.

Streets - Right-of-Way Permits

A Right-of-Way (ROW) Permit is required for all construction and maintenance within the City’s ROW, placing dumpsters on residential streets, or requesting a street closure and transporting oversized/overweight loads on City streets.

Visit the Right-of-Way Permit tab on the Public Works page to learn more about the different types of ROW permits issued by the City.

Wireless Communication

Facilities Permits Permits are required before the installation of all Wireless Communication Facilities in the City of Centennial.

Learn more about Centennial's Wireless Communications Facilities regulations and permitting process.


Contractor Licensing

The City of Centennial requires that all contractors and subcontractors, performing work in the City, are licensed.

In order to obtain a license all contractors must apply and meet the City’s requirements. Testing may be required for some licenses. Contractors must submit current certificates of General Liability and Worker’s Compensation insurance naming the City of Centennial as the certificate holder. All licenses are valid for one year from date of issuance.

Learn more about requirements, license types and fees.