Get to Know Council Member Tammy Maurer
District 2 Council Member Tammy Maurer and her husband have been proud residents of Centennial since 1983, sharing their lives with three married children—now boasting the joy of four grandsons. Alongside their beloved family dog, they cherish the City's parks, trails and open spaces. Tammy actively engages with Centennial's studies, committees, and boards, drawing from her extensive experience in a public agency across various Colorado communities. This experience has provided her with a deep understanding of the intricate challenges associated with operating and planning for the future of Centennial. As Tammy embarks on her second term as District 2 Council Member, her dedication to making Centennial an exceptional place to live and work burns even brighter. Recognizing transportation as a pivotal challenge, she strives to identify opportunities for enhancing legacy systems and fostering innovation within the City's transportation network.
In her free time, Tammy revels in the simple pleasures of life, prioritizing moments spent with family and friends. Whether tending to her yard, creating vibrant gardens, or indulging in walking and biking adventures around Centennial, Tammy finds joy in these activities. A graduate of the University of Colorado (Denver) with a B.S. in Civil Engineering, Tammy holds an Associate Degree in Business from Arapahoe Community College.
Appointments to City Commissions and Committees
Appointments to Liaisons Organizations and/or Agencies
- Centennial Arts & Cultural Foundation
Appointments to Outside Organizations
- Arapahoe County Collaborative Transportation Forum Executive Committee
- Denver Regional Council of Governments
- National League of Cities - Transportation Policy Committee
Additional and Past Involvement
- Arapahoe County Transportation Forum, Technical Committee
- State of Colorado State Transportation Advisory Committee
- National League of Cities, Transportation Infrastructure Committee
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce Defense Council
- Reimagine RTD, Advisory Committee