Get to Know Council Member Tammy Maurer
Calling Centennial home since 1983, District 2 Council Member Tammy Maurer and her husband enjoy spending time with their three married children and three grandchildren, along with their family dog. The City of Centennial’s parks, trails, and open spaces are a few of the amenities Council Member Maurer enjoys most about the City as well as being involved with the City’s studies, committees, and boards. During her first term serving as District 2 Council Member, Tammy’s previous experience working in a public agency in various Colorado communities provided her sense of familiarity with many aspects and challenges to operating and planning the future of Centennial. In her second term, Tammy’s passion for making Centennial a great place to live and work is stronger than ever. As Tammy believes transportation is one of Centennial’s most significant challenges today and in the future, her goal is to help find opportunities to support improvements to legacy systems and encourage innovation in the City’s transportation system.
In her spare time, Council Member Maurer enjoys spending as much time as possible with family and friends—Working in her yard creating gardens, walking and biking around Centennial and enjoying making and painting projects. Council Member Maurer is a graduate of the University of Colorado (Denver), holding a B.S. in Civil Engineering. She also has an Associate Degree in Business from Arapahoe Community College and attended and graduated from Denver Public Schools.
Appointments to City Commissions and Committees
Appointments to Liaisons Organizations / Agencies
- Centennial Arts & Cultural Foundation
Appointments to Outside Organizations
- Arapahoe County Collaborative Transportation Forum Technical Committee
- Denver Regional Council of Governments
- National League of Cities, Transportation Policy Committee
Additional and Past Involvement
- Arapahoe County Transportation Forum, Executive Committee
- State of Colorado State Transportation Advisory Committee
- National League of Cities, Transportation Infrastructure Committee
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce Defense Council
- Reimagine RTD, Advisory Committee