Youth Achievement Awards
The Centennial Youth Achievement Awards
The Centennial Youth Achievement Awards honor and recognize exemplary young leaders who have made significant contributions to Centennial through service and outstanding leadership in school, community and the workplace. Up to four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to be applied toward college tuition, fees and course enrollment.
The deadline for the Centennial Youth Achievement Awards is 5 p.m. on Monday, April 26, 2021.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- Be a resident of Centennial who is a current graduating senior at a Colorado high school
- Demonstrate outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Exhibit the ability to set and achieve goals
City employees and contractors, City Elected Officials and their respective relatives are precluded from applying for a Centennial Youth Achievement Award.
Selection is based on demonstration of leadership in the community, outstanding achievement and career goals. Winning applicants will be notified by Monday, May 3, 2021.
Please Note: Recipients must be available to attend the Centennial City Council meeting on Monday, May 17, 2021 to receive their award.
Submissions must include:
- Completed application
- Completed short essay responses
- One letter of recommendation from an adult who can speak to your character, community involvement and leadership skills. This adult must be unrelated to you and must also be one of the following: teacher, counselor or school administrator; advisor; coach; employer; or community leader