Law Enforcement Telephone Town Hall Scheduled August 11
Published on 28 July 2020
The City of Centennial and the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office are hosting a virtual telephone town hall meeting about law enforcement on Tuesday, August 11 at 6 p.m. This is an opportunity for citizens to engage and ask questions of the City’s law enforcement provider, the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office (ACSO). The City Council welcomes both written and verbal public comment in advance of August 11. Citizens will need to submit an online form to share questions and comments.
To submit written comments: Complete and submit the online form prior to noon on August 11. Written comments received by this deadline will be shared with City Council before the meeting.
To sign up to provide verbal comments:
- Sign up by completing the online form. You will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to call in to the meeting. The deadline to complete the form is noon on August 11.
- Please register with the phone number you will be calling from to ensure you are recognized.
- When joining the meeting, each caller will be muted by default.
- The moderator will announce a speaker by name, at which point they will be unmuted for up to 3 minutes to give comment or ask questions of the panel. Please note, that due to time constraints we may be unable to get to everyone who signs up to speak.
While giving public comment:
- Mute other devices you're using to watch the Council meeting to avoid audio feedback.
- State your name for the record.
- Using speaking points can be helpful.
- Time permitting, follow up questions may/may not be allowed.
Please note: questions submitted will be subject to the Colorado Records Open Records Act. Questions must be received through recorded messages and/or the online form prior to the meeting on August 11.
To participate in the meeting and provide live Chat questions to the panel, to be read by the moderator, please join meeting here: August 11, 2020 Law Enforcement Town Hall.
To listen to this meeting live, visit centennialco.gov/agendas. The live audio link appears next to the word “Agenda” when the meeting begins. This meeting is recorded and will be available online to listen at a later date.