Centennial High School Seniors Eligible for Youth Achievement Awards
Published on March 09, 2021
The Centennial Youth Commission and SAFEbuilt are recognizing exceptional young leaders through the Centennial Youth Achievement Award program. This recognition honors Centennial high school seniors who have made significant contributions to the City through service and outstanding leadership in school, community and the workplace. Up to four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students to be applied toward college tuition, fees, books and supplies required for course enrollment.
To be eligible for the Youth Achievement Award program, applicants must:
- Be a resident of Centennial who is a current graduating senior at a Colorado high school
- Demonstrate outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Exhibit the ability to set and achieve goals
To complete the application, the applicant should:
- Completely answer each page of the application and submit to the Centennial Youth Commission by 5 p.m. April 9, 2021.
- Respond to essay questions with not more than 350 words per question.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from an adult (non-relative) who can speak to the student’s character and community involvement. The recommendation letter must be included with the application prior to the April 9 deadline.
Selection is based on demonstration of leadership in the community, outstanding achievement and career goals. Winning applicants will be notified by Monday, May 3, 2021. Award recipients must be available to attend the Centennial City Council meeting on Monday, May 17, 2021 to receive their award.
The City of Centennial must receive all required application materials including adult recommendations no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, April 9, 2021.
City employees and contractors, City Elected Officials and their respective relatives are precluded from applying for a Centennial Youth Achievement Award.