Centennial Allocates Funds for Utility, Rent and Mortgage Assistance

Published on 25 June 2020


The City of Centennial receives annual funding for the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) administered by Arapahoe County. This year, the City also received funding through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The City of Centennial has allocated $205,192 with the primary goal being to keep families in their homes, preventing loss of housing by assisting with utility/rent/mortgage assistance for households with income up to 80 percent of AMI (Area Median Income). Arapahoe County administers this program on behalf of the City.

To be eligible for this assistance program, applicants must :

  • Be a Centennial resident (County residents may be eligible for funding under a similar program)
  • Provide proof of applying for unemployment compensation.
  • Provide proof of who lives in your household (must be the ID’s or the lease showing all household members).
  • Provide proof of income for everyone in the household for the past month. (i.e. pay stubs, social security award letters, proof of child support, or proof of other income).
  • Applicants must provide a current signed lease or mortgage statement.
  • Applicants must provide landlord or mortgage company contact information. Either must be willing to provide a W9 and accept payment from Arapahoe County.

Click here to get the application. Download it to your desktop or mobile device. Fill out the application and submit it via email to housingassistance@arapahoegov.com including attachments from the eligibility list above.

Fast Scanner is a free app to assist in sending documents

For assistance or questions, please call 303-738-8040 or email housingassistance@arapahoegov.com.

Remember, funds are limited. Providing this information is not a guarantee of rent assistance.

Tagged as: