CDPHE moves Arapahoe County, 14 others to Level Red
Published on November 12, 2020
Citing a continued rise in COVID case rates, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) is moving Arapahoe County to Level Red – Severe Risk - Safer at Home on the state’s COVID dial dashboard. The CDPHE is moving 14 other counties to Level Red and several other counties to Level Yellow and Orange, and the agency also has changed the color coding on the state dashboard to purple for Stay at Home, which is the most restrictive category. These changes take effect at 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20.
Two weeks ago, the County’s incidence rates were as follows:
- Two-week cumulative incidence rate: 616.61/100,000 people
- Percent positivity: 10.15%
- 2-week COVID-19 case count (new cases): 4,050
As of November 17, the County’s incidence rates are as follows:
- Two-week cumulative incidence rate: 897.5/100,000 people
- Percent positivity: 12.22%
- 2-week COVID-19 case count (new cases): 5,895
The Level Red category as defined by this Public Health Order (20-36) adds significant restrictions to numerous activities and businesses. These include:
- Indoor dining is closed; take out, curbside and delivery are encouraged.
- Outdoor dining in open air only (not covered structures), and only with groups of one’s own household.
- Indoor events are closed or canceled.
- All alcohol sales cease at 8 p.m.
- There are new guidelines for P-12 schools.
- Office-based businesses are now subject to building capacity, as opposed to the limit on the percent of staff for in-person work.
- The addition of a strong encouragement for remote work for office-based businesses in Level Yellow and Orange
- A requirement that Critical and non-Critical Retail offer increased options for curbside pickup, delivery, and dedicated service hours for seniors and at-risk individuals.
- The removal of “Extra Large” from the social distancing calculator requirements, meaning now facilities larger than 7,200 square feet can use the calculator.
- The encouragement of individuals at risk of severe illness from COVID-19 to remain at home as much as possible in each Level.
For a complete description of the new restrictions and dial categories, visit the CDPHE website. View the full text of the Order.