Centennial CARES: Residential Care Setting Grants
The application process is open. Apply below.
The City has begun issuing grant payments. Payments may take up to a week to process.
We encourage residential care facilities to review the eligibility criteria below prior to beginning the application process.
The Centennial CARES: Residential Care Settings Grants are intended to help Residential Care Settings (Nursing Homes, Assisted Living, Group Homes, and Intermediate Care Facilities) serving those at high risk for COVID-19 within the City of Centennial. In partnership with Arapahoe County, Centennial’s City Council has directed $750,000 of City funding to be used to support Residential Care Settings in our community.
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Residential Care Setting Grants will be provided to eligible applicants for expenses incurred or planned to facilitate compliance with public health orders. A maximum of $1,000/Certified bed, up to a maximum of $30,000, can be awarded per eligible organization. If you have questions or need more information, send us an e-mail.
Please note when filling out the application:
- Safari Web Browser is not supported.
- We do not recommend applying via an iPad.
- Please turn-off autofill in your browser before starting the application.
- .png files are not recommended for documentation upload.
- Your session will expire after 15 minutes of inactivity. Please prepare all attachments before applying as in-progress applications will not be saved.
- Detailed budget and timeline for use of funds
- Receipts or other proof of purchase for expenses occurring between March 1, 2020 to present
- IRS determination letter indicating organization's 501(c)3 status (if applicable, non-profits only)
- Current Certificate of Good Standing from Colorado Secretary of State (if applicable, non-profits only)
- W-9 Document
- If uploading receipts and invoices for reimbursement please include a cover sheet with a list of individual amounts and total amount requested for reimbursement. Expenses incurred at settings other than the setting applying for the grant are ineligible.
- The application process will be open until funds are depleted, December 1, 2020, or grant program changes are required.
- Program updates will be sent via email to those signed up to receive Centennial News Releases, Click here to sign up.
Details on Eligibility & How to Prepare:
Eligibility and Prohibited Use of Funds
- Be a Group Home, Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Intermediate Care Facility or other Residential Care Setting within the City of Centennial serving individuals at high risk for COVID-19. High-risk individuals are defined by the Center for Disease Control at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-increased-risk.html
- Be active and in good standing with the Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE).
- Be a licensed business in the City of Centennial (Not required for settings with 12 or fewer beds), OR a registered 501(c)3 in good standing with the state of Colorado
- Have expenses related to COVID-19 that have or will occur between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020 and are eligible for under the CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund.
- Examples include but are not limited to:
- Personal protective equipment (Masks, gloves, disinfectant, cleaning fees, etc.)
- Building and property modifications
- Safety training
- Other services that can be directly tied to COVID-19 response and are eligible under the CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund
- Applicants managing multiple settings must submit unique applications for each location.
- Receipt of a grant does not replace any other City licensing or certification process (e.g building permits, liquor licensing, etc).
The following list of organizations are not eligible:
- Facilities that do not have a current and active license with Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).
- Nonprofits that are not a 501(c)3
Prohibited uses of funds:
- Payroll costs not directly related to the following:
- Providing of new services/programs in response to COVID-19
- Increased demand for services due to COVID-19
- Lost revenue
- Expenses that have already been paid for with other government grants or funding
- Other expenses not related to COVID or ineligible under the CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund
- Charitable contributions
- Political contributions
- Expenses that were previously paid for using Federal Small Business Administration (SBA) Payroll Protection Program (PPP) or Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Funds
- Expenses incurred at settings other than the setting applying for the grant are ineligible. When submitting receipts or invoices from purchases for multiple facilities, please justify the amount spent on the applicant setting.
Process and Information to Prepare for Application
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- Applicants will receive an email notification once they have successfully completed the application.
Information Required to Complete Application:
- Centennial business license number
- See an example of a Centennial Business License(PDF, 96KB).
- If you need help locating your business license number call 303-325-8088 or email us at email@example.com.
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN or EIN or typically located on tax returns)
- Completed W-9 form: (upload document in application)
- Facility ID or License Number from Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).
- IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)3 status (if applicable)
- # of Certified Beds
- Receipts or invoices for qualifying expenses (upload documents in application)
- See an example of expense reporting cover sheet(XLSX, 11KB)
- Estimates and description of planned expenses that you are requesting for Advance grant funds (upload documents in application) Note: Organizations receiving Advance grant funds will be required to provide documentation of actual expenditures
- Applicants will be required to review and accept the Terms and Conditions(PDF, 45KB) of the Centennial CARES Residential Care Setting Grant Program to complete the application.
- ACH information will be obtained via secure email once grants are approved.