Centennial CARES: Nonprofit Services Grants
The application process is open. Apply below.
The City has begun issuing grant payments. Payments may take up to a week to process.
We encourage nonprofits to review the eligibility criteria below prior to beginning the application process.
The Centennial CARES: Nonprofit Services Grants are intended to help 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that provide services to Centennial residents in response to COVID-19. Nonprofit organizations do not need to have a physical address in the City so long as they are serving City residents. In partnership with Arapahoe County, Centennial’s City Council has directed $750,000 of City funding to be used to support nonprofit organizations serving our community.
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. A maximum of $50,000 can be awarded per eligible organization. Organizations that fully utilize $50,000 in grant funding prior to November 1, 2020 may at the City's discretion be considered for additional funding if able to demonstrate there is still a significant demand for services. If you have questions or need more information, send us an e-mail.
- Safari Web Browser is not supported.
- We do not recommend applying via an iPad.
- Please turn-off autofill in your browser before starting the application.
- .png files are not recommended for documentation upload.
- IRS determination letter indicating organization's 501(c)3 status
- Current Certificate of Good Standing from Colorado Secretary of State
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
- If requesting funding due to increase in requests for service(s), provide 2019 and 2020 service levels for March 1 - June 30.
- Detailed budget and timeline for use of funds.
- If uploading receipts and invoices for reimbursement please include a cover sheet with a list of individual amounts and total amount requested for reimbursement.
- The application process will be open until funds are depleted, December 1, 2020, or grant program changes are required.
- Program updates will be sent via email to those signed up to receive Centennial News Releases, Click here to sign up.
Details on Eligibility & How to Prepare:
Eligibility and Prohibited Use of Funds
- Be a registered 501(c)3 in good standing with the state of Colorado
- Been in operation for at least 3 years as March 1, 2020
- Provide services to Centennial residents
- Have expenses related to COVID-19 that have or will occur between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020 and are eligible for under the CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund.
- Provide public facing services related to assisting with the response to COVID-19.
- Housing assistance
- Utility assistance
- Food programs
- Health services, including mental health
- Delivery services for individuals defined as high risk for COVID-19
The following list of organizations are not eligible:
- For profit businesses
- Nonprofits that are not a 501(c)3
- 501(c)3 nonprofits that don't provide services related to COVID-19 response
Prohibited uses of funds:
- Payroll costs not directly related to the following:
- Providing of new services/programs in response to COVID-19
- Increased demand for services due to COVD
- Lost revenue
- Expenses that have already been paid for with other government grants or funding
- Other expenses not related to COVID or ineligible under the CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund
- Charitable contributions
- Political contributions
Process and Information to Prepare for Application
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- Applicants will receive an email notification once they have successfully completed the application.
Information Required to Complete Application:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN or EIN)
- Service area within Centennial
- Estimated number of Centennial citizens served
- IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)3 status
- Current Certificate of Good Standing with State of Colorado
- Anti-Discrimination Policy/Statement
- If requesting due to increase in requests for service(s), 2019 and 2020 service levels for March 1 - June 30
- Receipts or invoices for qualifying expenses (upload documents in application)
- Estimates and description of planned expenses that you are requesting for Advance grant funds (upload documents in application) Note: organizations receiving Advance grant funds will be required to provide documentation of actual expenditures
- Applicants will be required to review and accept the Terms and Conditions(PDF, 34KB) of the Centennial CARES Nonprofit Services Grant Program to complete the application.