Discover How Our City Works
Have you ever wondered... How does a local government really work? How does a building plan go through the approval process? How are streets prioritizes for plowing after it snows? Where do your tax dollars go? Then Centennial 101 is for you!
Centennial 101 is an interactive seven-week program to discover how our City works. In just 7 weeks participants will be involved in fun and engaging lessons while learning how Centennial is unique and finding opportunities to get more involved in our community.
Centennial 101 is also an opportunity for us to learn from you. What are your priorities for improving the quality of life for all in Centennial? What do you care about? What are your ideas? We want to know. We will also encourage graduates to serve on one of the City's boards and commissions, where volunteers like you work to improve our community.
Enrollment is limited to 30 participants and attendance at all seven sessions is highly encouraged.
To get on the waitlist for a future class, please send us an email with your name, address, and phone number.
August 24: Intro to Centennial
August 31: Centennial's Budget Tells Our Story
September 7: Creating a Vibrant Community
September 14: Roads & Public Infrastructure
September 21: Public Safety
September 28: Life Safety
October 5: How to Get Involved
October 9: Graduation
You may be interested in Centennial 101 if:
- You have an interest in your City and community and want to learn more.
- You have already been involved in the community – or if you haven’t been involved at all but are curious of how the City works.
- You are new to Centennial – or have lived here since before it was a City.
- You pay taxes and want to know how that money is being spent.
- You love local politics – or hate local politics.
- You like to meet new, interesting people.
- You want to peek behind the scenes.