ROW Permits without land use case

When issuing Right-of-Way (ROW) permits without a land use case, the permit must be pulled through the Public Works Department. To ensure that rights-of-way continue to serve their intended purposes, the City requires permits for construction and maintenance by utility companies or contractors working in the right-of-way. Permit applicability, fees, process, conditions and standards may be found in the Permit Regulations. Contractors must be licensed and bonded in the City of Centennial to obtain a Right-of-Way Permit.

The applicant must submit an application and contact (303) 325-8000 for an inspection.

ROW Permits with land use case

A Right-of-Way (ROW) permit is required for all construction within the City's ROW. Applicants must submit a ROW permit application, Construction Documents and a Public Improvement Agreement for City review and approval (if not already submitted with the land use case). The applicant must also conform to the approved documents (CDs, etc.) as well as the appropriate Roadway Design and Construction Standards, GESC Manual and the City of Centennial Storm Water Management Manual.

A ROW permit adjacent to or associated with a land use case is reviewed by the Community Development Department Engineering Division. The Engineering Division also reviews ROW Permits for Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority (SEMSWA) Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) and installation of bus bench pads and shelters. Once the steps above have been followed, a completed ROW permit application (see below) is submitted along with the appropriate fees.

For inspections contact (303)754-3362.

All GESC (standard & low impact) permits are issued directly through SEMSWA.

Application and Checklists

Administrative Regulations Work within the Right-of-Way Effective: February 2018

Maps for contractors working within the right-of-way

For traffic control purposes.

  • Mayor Piko’s weekly Meet the Mayor meeting is cancelled for Tuesday, May 29. Mayor Piko will be available the following Tuesday, June 5 between 10 and 11 a.m. These weekly meetings provide an opportu...

  • The Centennial City offices, including municipal court, will be closed Monday, May 28 in observance of Memorial Day. City offices will re-open at 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 29.  The City has an online mi...

  • The City of Centennial strives for its residents to live comfortably and remain in the community. Therefore, the City encourages residents to learn about adding Universal Design features in their hom...

  • National Public Works Week (NPWW) is May 20-26 and Centennial is celebrating all week long.  National Public Works Week recognizes the tens of thousands of men and women in North America who provide ...

  • The City of Centennial is accepting applications to serve on the City’s Election Commission . Terms are for three years or until the end of a previously established term in the case of a mid-term va...

  • Starting today through Tuesday, July 17, the City of Centennial is seeking feedback for the Centennial Center Park Master Plan . Please take a brief online survey and share your thoughts on what y...

  • The City of Centennial recognized three outstanding Centennial high school students with Youth Achievement Awards during a City Council meeting last night. The Youth Achievement Award honors and reco...

Quick Contact Info:

City of Centennial
13133 East Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO  80112

(303) 325-8000 - 24 Hour Citizen Response Center
(720) 488-0933 - Fax Number



ADA Notice

Contact Us

City of Centennial
Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management