Phone: (303) 754-3350
Email Mayor Cathy Noon
Years lived in Colorado: 41
Years lived in Centennial: 18
Cathy and her husband, Jim, have two children and three grandchildren.
Occupation & Skills
The Noons have owned and operated Centennial Container, a corrugated box and packaging company, for 32 years. Cathy is also a Senior Manager for Community Resource Services, a special district and HOA management firm.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Colorado Denver
- Special District Association training for district managers.
- Senior Officials Emergency Preparedness and Crisis Leadership and Decision Making for Elected Officials.
- National Association of Regional Councils conference on aging issues -"Culture Change," "Project 20/20," and "Preparing for the Boomers." Various conferences and seminars on "Livable/Workable Communities," "Neighborhood Resources and Actions," and other topics relating to community development and planning.
Memberships & Community Involvement
Mayor serves on many state, regional and local committees and boards such as:
- Chairwoman of the Metro Mayors’ Caucus
- Arapahoe County Representative to DRCOG Advisory Committee on Aging
- Buckley Air Force Base P4 and Honorary Co-commander
- Arapahoe County Council on Aging
- C-470 Coalition; I-25 & Arapahoe Road Coalition
- Denver South Transportation Management Association - Board of Directors
- Denver South Economic Development Partnership - Board of Directors
- South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce
Community involvement has included:
- Centennial Council of Neighborhoods (CenCON), Founder, President. An umbrella organization of homeowner associations representing more than 22,000 homes that are involved in municipal decision-making such as development plan review and input on public policy.
- Chapparal Metropolitan District Board Member
- Arapahoe Road Corridor Study
- Parker Road Corridor Study
- Aurora and Cherry Creek Schools - numerous boards, committees and task forces.
City of Centennial Committees:
- Centennial Next Advisory Committee
- Budget, Audit, Investment Committees
- Centennial Senior Citizen Commission
- KPM Review Committee
- Home Rule Charter Commission, Chair
- Comprehensive Plan Task Force
- Land Development Code Rewrite Advisory Team
- Community Identity and Wayfinding Task Force
- Streets at SouthGlenn Citizen Committee
- Southeast Metro Coyote Management Task Force