The Finance Department provides fiscal support to all City departments, boards, commissions and authorities and ensures the fiscal affairs of the City are efficiently and effectively managed in accordance with City policies and State and Federal statutes.
In brief, as custodian of public funds, the Finance Department is responsible for managing and safeguarding the City's financial resources and well-being.
The department's primary functions include:
- General accounting (payables, receivables, billing)
- Financial reporting
- Financial forecasting and analysis
- Budget coordination and oversight
- Debt, cash and investment management
- Contract financial management
- Administers and collects sales and use tax