All building permits require inspection.
An inspection card will be distributed at the time permit is issued. The inspection card details the required inspection(s) for your permit type.
Call the Inspection Hotline at (303) 708-1430 by 4:30 p.m. to schedule an inspection for the next business day. A permit number, job site address, contact phone number and the specific inspection needed is required. Please be specific with the actual trade to be inspected and include whether the inspection is final or rough.
- Tile and shake roofing permits require a mid roof inspection.
- If entry into the backyard is required and no one is home, please provide written permission for City inspector to be on your property.
- A person 18 years or older must be present for inspector to enter the inside of a home.
- For an estimated time of arrival, please call (303) 754-3321 after 8:30 a.m. the day of your scheduled inspection for a two hour window.
- Inspectors are available every morning for questions.
Inspection ETA (updated daily)